RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR SUBMISSION OF THE FILM
The Festival International du Film de Bruxelles (FIFB) will take place between the 18 – 23 November 2017 and aims to offer to the public an innovative vision and a window to the world. The FIFB also has as a priority to present the new talents of the international movie industry and to provide film professionals and new creators (directors, screenwriters, actors,) with promotion and visibility. Furthermore, it gives them the opportunity to participate in national and international productions.
The FIFB gives privilege to the unreleased movies, the European and world Premieres and the new generations of filmmakers.
Each year the Festival International du Film de Bruxelles pays tribute to a specific country. For 2017, the FIFB has chosen USA and Africa.
The FIFB offers 3 official competitions :
- International competition (feature and short films)
- Documentary competition (feature documentary)
- Young talent competition (films by final-year film students).
1. Price competition
The FIFB will have the privilege of awarding nominees the following prizes :
- The Grand Prix of the festival
- The Best Actor award
- The Best Actress award
- The Best Film Director award
- The Young Talents award
- The Best Short Film award.
2. Conditions for registration
In the competition all feature, medium and short films can participate as long as they are completed after the 1 December 2016.
The films must be Belgian, European or World Premieres.
Format : DCP (Digital Cinema Package) – Registration required via the online form on the website www.fifb.be/inscrire_un_film. Any other form of registration will be dismissed.
Obligatory registration via the online form in the following site: www.fifb.be/inscrire_un_film
- The registration will be validated after reception of the DVD or the Internet link from where the film can be downloaded.
- The submitted film has to be accompanied by the biography of the director and a synopsis of the film itself.
3. If your film is selected
An additional documentation should be sent :
- Synopsis in FR and EN (if possible in NL)
- Press release
- Promotional leaflet
- Trailer or internet link to the trailer
- Film photos in good quality
- Photos of the Director and the main actor/actress
- Biography and filmography of the Director.
The films that are not subtitled can be dubbed in French, English and Dutch language.
4. Subtitles in the selected films
It is recommended to send a subtitled copy in French or in English.
5. How to send your film?
For the preselection
In case, you can send us a DVD copy (with French or English subtitles) of your movie at the following address:
25, Rue du Tabellion
The DVD must be send with the following mention: « no commercial value, for cultural use only”. They will not be sent back.
The full list of selected films will be available on our website in the end of October.
Start date for applications: 4 may 2017
Registration deadline: 1 August 2017
If your film is selected
The copy of your film must arrive to the Festivals’ office address before the 1 November 2017.
Producers or Directors should cover the shipping costs including any duty and taxes.
In case of selection and final participation to the Festival the costs of sending the copy are arranged by the sender. However, the return costs are set by the Festival International du Film de Bruxelles.
The Festival takes in charge only for the selected films insurance cots during the period of the Festival.
- for short films (less than 30 minutes): free registration
- for fiction films: registration of which is fixed at 10 €.
Account Name : Festival International du Film de Bruxelles (FIFB)
Bank : BNP Paribas Fortis – Louise
IBAN Number : BE83 0017 4721 4015
BIC : GEBABEBB
Reference : Name of the movie – Name of the sender
All data and pictures provided will be used in press and publications (magazines, websites…).
7. Media and television
The copyright owners of the films give the Festival the rights to reproduce photographs, trailers (less than 3 minutes for the feature films and 5 to 10 minutes for the short films) of their films in order to be diffused in the press, TV channels, main webpage of the festival and its social networking.
Participation in the Festival International du Film de Bruxelles implies the acceptance of the terms of the present Regulation.